Mile Post 6n, New York State Thruway, Hastings-On-Hudson, NY 10706, USA
3.7

I went into Burger King store #10706 this past Wednesday evening with a large group of middle schoolers and chaperones, as this was our dinner stop on our way home from a Broadway show. I ordered at a kiosk, but I was anticipating a long wait for my food since we were such a large group. However, I was prepared to be patient.

An employee called out my order number and I came to the counter. He told me that they were completely out of salads. He did not ask what I wanted instead. So I took it upon myself to ask for a grilled chicken sandwich without the bread, since I have celiac disease and cannot have gluten. He told a cook to make the sandwich like I asked, but I was never offered a price adjustment.

They gave me the sandwich ON BREAD a few minutes later. I told the girl who handed it to me explicitly at this point that I needed a new sandwich, as it couldn't be on bread because I cannot have gluten. She told me that I could just throw the bread away. I then had to explain to her that it already contaminated the sandwich and that I needed a new one without the bread. She rolled her eyes at me and went back into the kitchen area.

A few minutes later, another employee brings me a container with a bed of lettuce and a piece of grilled chicken on top. I thought this was fine, since they were out of salads, this was the best I could do. However, a price adjustment was never offered during this entire process. So I paid $7 for a piece of grilled chicken and some lettuce, which is extremely excessive in my opinion, especially with the awful customer service I experienced.

Meanwhile, a few hours later, I was throwing up my entire dinner because that is what happens when I consume a lot of gluten. Reading between the lines, the lady who was annoyed that I needed a brand new sandwich likely just took it off bread and put it on a container.

This is the worst Burger King experience I have ever had. I have always been a loyal Burger King customer, but this really disappointed me. Between never being offered any type of refund and then getting sick later because of carelessness of employees, I have lost a lot of faith in Burger King.

Product or Service Mentioned: Burger King Grilled Chicken Sandwich.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Burger King Pros: Quality of chicken, Ability to order on kiosks.

Burger King Cons: Employees, Customer service, Ignorance of allergies.

Comments