Portland, Oregon

In Bismarck, ND at store #7529 on State St I found a new way for the local BK to make extra money. I ordered #1 on the overhead board which was the Whooper + Drink + Fries and the board said it was $5.99 *2 for my wife and I.

This should have come to $11.98 + 6% tax = $11.98 + $0.72 = $12.70. Our total came to $13.13 (43 cents more). Unfortunately for BK they gave us the receipt showing the cost break down and what they had done was actually ring up each individual item at the price on the board for that individual item. When my wife brought this discrepancy to the attention of the manager she immediately acknowledge the mistake which meant she knew full well what they were doing and without any further conversation promptly returned the 43 cents overcharge.

Now, this manager also did not even apologize for what had been done and instead immediately turned away to the back and continued on with the business of fulfilling orders.

Its a good thing I did not write the states attorney general, but then again maybe they don't care in that state.

Product or Service Mentioned: Burger King Burger.

Comments

You don't have a lawsuit, they made a mistake and corrected it. What more do you want?

The manager knew what the mistake was because she looked at the receipt and saw how you and your wife were charged. You are right the states attorney would not care, infact they would laugh at you for bring such a ridiculous thing to their attention.